This is a full-time temporary hire position to fill a critical need. The successful candidate may be considered for a permanent position if one becomes available.
The person in this position contributes directly to the overall success of Advance IT Minnesota by formulating strategies and messages and managing an array of online resources (websites, social media sites, bulk e-mail, webinars, etc.). This role also supports development and production of collateral print materials that supplement online strategies.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Advance IT Minnesota
Manage and develop online presence and communications
- Serve as primary website administrator, designer, and content manager using WordPress and related themes and plugins.
- Develop and execute strategies for social media based on target audiences.
- Draft and edit relevant content in concert with program directors and other contributors.
- Implement and manage visitor analytics and metrics for websites and social media channels.
- Write promotional copy for various audiences in collaboration with program directors.
- Develop and distribute digital and print materials, newsletters, and email campaigns.
- Assure that promotional materials are integrated with website content and social media.
- Monitor metrics for promotional efforts through website and social media analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related discipline.
- At least two years of Web content management experience, including use of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for website edits and updates.
- Three years of experience or college-level coursework related to writing and editing including adapting communications for websites and social media.
- At least one year of experience with Adobe Creative Suite Applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver), or equivalent software.
- At least two years of experience with social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Two years of experience with a website content management system, especially WordPress or other open source application.
- Ability to learn new information technology tools as evidenced by broad experience with a variety of applications and systems over the past five years.
- Master’s degree in a related field with coursework in new media.
To receive a complete position description or submit a resume and cover letter, send your information to AdvanceITMN@metrostate.edu.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator