With over 97K individuals currently employed in an information technology related role in Minnesota and 25K open positions projected by 2024 (TalentNeuron Recruit, 2017), we are eager and equipped to help employers identify Minnesota’s best I.T. talent. The Minnesota IT Center of Excellence, developed IT Connect, an online career tool for employers looking for top I.T. professionals in the state of Minnesota. The technology features of IT Connect gives employers the ability to conveniently search for, identify, and connect with I.T. college students throughout the entire state of Minnesota.
Create and sign into your profile on the link above, select job postings, select add, enter job information, click save and then view job posting
- Quickly post job opportunities for all Minnesota State I.T. college students and alumni
- Reach highly trained I.T. candidates
- Easily re-post or suspend a job posting
- Reach hard-to-find experienced-hire candidates
JOB POSTING TIPS
- Post a descriptive job title – If the job is for entry level applicants, indicate that fact with “entry level” in the job title. If you are posting an internship, make sure “internship” is highlighted in the job title. Be as descriptive as possible in the job title.
- Include details – Students and candidates want to know as much detail as possible about the job before applying. In addition to the Job Title and Description, Location, and Employer name, it is recommend you include detailed requirements and qualifications. Your company description and website, along with application procedures are incredibly helpful to candidates.
- Describe the position – What are the job responsibilities? Provide examples of a day in the life in the position. What skills does this person need to be successful in this position? How much does the position pay? Are there additional benefits such as flexible work hours?
- Promote your company – What makes you stand out among other employers? Describe your culture and philosophy. What differentiates you from the others? Why do your current employees enjoy working at your company? Include a link to your recruitment webpage and links to relevant candidate recruitment videos.
Streamline and enhance your recruitment efforts to find excellent I.T. college students and alumni in Minnesota by creating your IT Connect account today! It is as easy as creating a profile and posting your job!
In order to help employers connect with more Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, we have developed a 2017-2018 Minnesota State Academic Calendar for all public 2 and 4 year colleges and universities in Minnesota. We encourage our partners to utilize the calendar to identify the ideal engagement opportunities for your college recruitment efforts. The 2017-2018 Minnesota State Academic Calendar can be found in your Document Library dashboard in IT Connect!
We wish you continued recruiting success!
QUESTIONS ABOUT IT CONNECT OR RECRUITMENT?
Contact Amy Lane, Director of FUSION, Minnesota IT Center of Excellence, 1380 Energy Lane, Suite 104, St. Paul, MN 55108 email@example.com or 612-659-7221.
Source: TalentNeuron Recruit aggregate online job postings. www. wantedanalytics.com accessed August 23, 2017.
Want to take advantage of our FREE training opportunities? Sign up for IT Connect to access upcoming workshops, events and more!
To gain access to FREE training, events, IT job and resources simply:
- Sign up or login into IT Connect
- Locate and select “Document Library” on your dashboard menu
- Select the preferred document folder
And that’s all — its that easy!