FUSION Employer Engaged Education / IT Residencies
Fusion pairs employer-endorsed students with employer partners to provide talent-in-training while students are in school, leading to workforce-ready employees upon graduation.
Advance IT Minnesota, Minnesota State University-Mankato, and Metropolitan State University have teamed up to create FUSION, an innovative program to provide corporations, startups and government organizations with skilled computer application and web development talent.
An industry-guided, three-step pathway to robust IT careers.
1. New Major: Computer App Development
Join one of the fastest-growing fields in IT today: Computer App Development. If you have a passion for the field and the required threshold competencies,* you may be among those chosen for this exciting new major at Metropolitan State University and Minnesota State University-Mankato.
2. New Training: IT Residency Work-Skills Course
Give employers what they are most looking for: passion and career success skills. This course within the Computer App Development major builds and enhances the skills most in demand by hiring managers today, including:
- Conflict management
- Creativity and problem-solving
- Stress management
- Conducting effective meetings
- Time management
- Career management
3. New Opportunity: IT Residency
As a fusion student, you get paid while you earn course credits. This residency program is part of the Computer App Development Program at Metropolitan State University. Students graduate as IT professionals with 9-12 months of work force experience and skills relevant to employers and the marketplace.
How Fusion benefits companies
- Employer partners hand-select students to fill their entry-level tech talent shortage – today as residents, tomorrow as full-time, skilled employees.
- Employer partners are directly involved in shaping FUSION, giving technology companies a voice in preparing their future workforce. Partner involvement includes: selecting and training students, input into curriculum, opportunities to serve as instructors and guest speakers.
- HR functions are administered by Advance IT Minnesota, allowing employer partners to focus on their core competencies.